Advance of cash (petty cash) funds are established for departments that require startup funds to be able operate and maintain their business purpose. The University of Louisiana at Lafayette strongly discourages the establishment and / or use of these funds.
If a department is approved to maintain an advance of cash (petty cash), these funds may NEVER be used for the following:
- Salaries, wages, payroll advances, or similar payments to individuals
- Purchases of goods and services for University use
- Purchases of goods and services for personal of faculty or staff members
- Travel advances, entertainment expenses, and loans to employees or students
- Cashing checks
Questions or comments concerning this policy or petty cash accounts can be directed to Angie Smith, CPA.
- Petty Cash Fund Policy (pending)