Please be reminded that the University’s fiscal year 2017 has ended. In preparation for the final close, all revenu
As we approach the end of the fiscal year it is necessary to establish the following deadlines related to budgetary control:
Requisitions and Purchase Orders
- Purchasing Requisitions for goods, services, and printing funded with Operating Funds for the 2016-2017 fiscal year must be received by Administration & Finance no later than April 18, 2017 except for the Deans’ Enhancement departments which must be received by this office no later than May 31, 2017. In addition, Professorship Funds must be received no later than May 31, 2017. All other purchases funded by General Restricted Funds, Grant Funds, and Auxiliary Funds will continue to follow normal procedures subject to the availability of funds in the requesting department.
- Please remember that goods and services must be received by June 30, 2017 to be paid from 2016-2017 funds.
- All Standing Orders must be closed by June 22, 2017. Please prepare Purchase Order Change Order (PUR-114) to close the balance.
- For Operating Funds, please review your existing requisitions and purchase orders where funds are committed to determine if goods and services will be received by June 30, 2017. Download instructions for checking your encumbrances. Prepare the Purchase Order Change Order (PUR-114) to cancel the requisition or Purchase Order or send an email to Purchasing@louisiana.edu to request to extend to FY 2018.
- Purchases/Travel made via departmental LaCarte cards will be allowed to your Operating Fund departments (including the Deans’ Enhancement departments) through May 5, 2017.
- All Lacarte/Travel Cards will be turned off on June 5, 2017 to facilitate the fiscal year-end closing process. If staff/faculty will travel during the month of June and will use a Lacarte card for those expenditures, please contact the Purchasing Office so that the card can be turned on during the travel or an exception can be made. Lacarte/Travel Cards will be reactivated following the yearend close approximately July 6, 2017. Lacarte/Travel Card logs for June expenditures will be due on July 14, 2017 with no exceptions.
Travel/Special Meals/Invited Guests/Reimbursements
Travel/Special Meals/Invited Guests Reimbursement requests and receipts reimbursed with 2016-2017 funds must be submitted to Purchasing within 15 days of the travel/special meal but no later than July 3, 2017.
- Purchasing Requisitions for goods, services, and printing funded with 2017-2018 funds submitted prior to July 1, 2017 must have a notation that the funds are to be paid with FY 2018 funds.
- Purchase Requisitions received after April 18, 2017 requiring formal bidding will be issued a Purchase Order in FY 2018.
- Tuesday, April 18, Last day to submit purchasing requisitions for the 2016-2017 fiscal year
- Friday, May 5, Last day to use Lacarte/Travel Cards
- Wednesday, May 31, Last day to submit purchasing requisitions for Dean’s Enhancement Funds and Professorship Funds
- Monday, June 5, All Lacarte/Travel cards are turned off
- Thursday, June 22, Last day to order items from standing orders
- Friday, June 30, Last day to receive goods and services to be paid with 2016-2017 fiscal year funds
- Monday, July 3, Reimbursement requests and receipts for travel, special meals, and invited guests due
- Friday, July 14, Lacarte/Travel logs for June expenditures due
Contacts for Questions or More Information
- Lark Chartier (General Purchasing) 482-6239
- Celena Tilbury (Professional Services) 482-9051
- Josie Mariano (Lacarte) 482-6243
- Kassie Clark (Travel) 482-6250
- Roxanne Formeller (Construction and NIRC) 482-2955
- Judy Harvey (General Questions) 482-5396
- Marie C Frank (Exemptions) 482-2148