Please be reminded that the University’s fiscal year 2023 is coming to an end. In preparation for the final close and to comply with State regulations, all revenues earned and all goods and services received on or before June 30, 2023 must be reported in the financial records. To ensure that this information is received by Financial Services in a timely manner, please adhere to the following procedures.
Please submit a list of all revenues earned through June 30 that has not been received. These amounts will be set up as accounts receivable. All receivable information must be submitted by July 14 on the form, "Receivables"
- If applicable, please inform Angie Smith immediately of any credit card transactions that were processed on or before June 30, 2023 and not deposited with Departmental Cashiers prior to July 1, 2023 to ensure those transactions are recorded in the correct period and to the correct accounts.
NOTE: This involves any department that accepts and processes credit card transactions.
- If applicable, please inform Angie Smith of any wires that were received on or before June 30, 2023 and not deposited with Departmental Cashiers prior to July 1, 2023 to ensure those transactions are recorded in the correct period and to the correct accounts.
1. Purchase Orders
Any invoices (associated with purchase orders) on hand for goods or services received on or before June 30 must be submitted immediately for payment. Please submit these invoices by July 13. If you have not yet received an invoice for goods or services applicable to the 2022-2023 fiscal year, please make every effort to contact vendors to send you an invoice by the July 13 deadline.
- If a vendor cannot provide you with an invoice before the deadline, an accounts payable entry will be recorded. To facilitate this entry, please complete the form, “Payables” and submit it by July 14.
2. LaCarte Cards
- Any items/invoices purchased on the LaCarte card and received by June 30, 2023 but not paid by the LaCarte card until after July 5, 2023 an accounts payable entry will be recorded. Please complete the "Payables" form and submit it by July 14.
- All interdepartmental charge forms applicable to June 2022 (or prior) must be submitted to Financial Services by July 18.
- All foundation warrants that are to be drawn against 2022-2023 fiscal year funds must be completed and emailed to email@example.com by July 14. As a reminder, before submitting a Foundation Warrant to the Office of Financial Services, please ensure that the business purpose is indicated on it. If the request is for a LaCarte charge, remember to include a copy of the LaCarte statement in addition to the receipt(s).
- Please refer to the Office of Purchasing for deadlines and more information.
If you have any questions on any of these year-end procedures, please contact the following:
Operating Fund/70000 Funds/242 Generally Restricted Funds | Arlene Hoag | 2-1775 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletics/Alumni Funds | Lynn LeBlanc | 2-6256 | email@example.com
Generally Restricted Funds | Lorena Castro | 2-2267 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Auxiliary Funds | Andrea Guidry | 2-6264 | email@example.com
Restricted/NIRC/Child Development Funds | Markashia Brown | 2-1497 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Deposits and Credit Cards Processing | Angie Smith | 2-1395 | email@example.com
Thank you for your cooperation.